Friday 14 October 2011

Stockist Spotlight - Pollyanna by Belinda


 WHO ARE YOU?

My name is Belinda Smith. I'm currently a stay at home mum to 2 beautiful kids - Cooper & Piper, & married to a Bendigo local, Matt Smith. I was born in Seymour in 1971 & moved throughout Vicoria during my childhood, attending Matthew Flinders Girls High School in Geelong. After meeting Matt in 1996 whilst living & working in Melbourne, we decided to relocate to his hometown, Bendigo, after I had fallen in love with the place! We married in 2001 then along came Cooper in 2002 followed by Piper in 2004.

I have a love of all things creative, particularly sewing, thanks to my mum & the Holly hobby sewing machine she gave me in primary school.

WHAT DO YOU MAKE?
Unique, retro & OOAK kids clothing using vintage, recycled & new fabrics & embellishments.
I have also been desiging & making headwear during the Spring Carnival season for the last 5 years - currently stocked in Mona Lisa or by custom order.

WHEN STARTED?
I have sewn since primary school & have always created "things" for as long as I can remember.


WHY?
After having touble finding funky boardshorts for boys, I began to sew shorts for Cooper around 2005, followed soon after by little girls dreamy creations.
I love sourcing all of the gorgeous fabrics & bits & bobs, particularly vintage items, & recreating them into something wonderful again. Generally no two items are alike, so I'm never getting bored!




WHERE  TO?
I am currently smack bang in the middle of the Spring Racing Carnival, and am thoroughly enjoying working with lots of lovely ladies to design a special headpiece for their racing event, as well as keeping them stocked in Mona Lisa.
My kiddies clothing range is now on sale in the View Point Gallery - feel free to pop in & have a browse, or check out my website (though still being stocked!!) at pollyannabybelinda.com

Thanks for your interest....love Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Sharing