Tuesday 19 February 2013

'I'm not creative!'

I watched a really inspiring TED talk recently, it validated something that I've believed for a long time.. While creativity may come more naturally to some people, it is a skill that can be learnt! We do not have to label ourselves 'creative' or 'practical', it's not an either/or situation.

David Kelly outlines how fear or lack of confidence is the biggest roadblock to unlocking creativity. I've linked the video below - watch it and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed watching that, thank you. I do believe that all people have the ability to be creative but that for some it is a natural talent. It's related to having an eye for detail I suppose. I'm part of a craft group who sometimes uses the same pattern or idea to make something. There is always a big difference in the end results. Many of our group would consider themselves not "crafty", but they enjoy it and try, and often their end result surprises them. That's the main thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it - I definitely agree, being surrounded by creative people each day reminds me that there are some people that are naturally very gifted!

      I do like the idea of unburdening people of the limitations they have in place - guiding them to a place where they can explore creativity and build on their confidence in this area.

      Delete

Social Sharing