A little while ago my sister sent me a link to Dukeo - an online marketing blog run by Stephane Kerwer. I added it to the 'list of sites to check out' and promptly forgot about it. Then she kept sending me links to specific blog posts that she thought related to what I'm doing, such as:
185 Creative Billboard Ads when we were talking about creative marketing. We spent a lot of time giggling about some of these and it more than sparked a few ideas of our own.
10 ways to increase traffic to your website we both liked that this post was not talking about a 'hard sell', more around building your readership through connecting with people that actually WANT to read what you have to say.
I am still working my way through the posts but I like what I'm reading! If you have a blog or are thinking of starting one I'd definitely recommend having a look at the content.
But... What does this have to do with competitions? Well, turns out Dukeo is running a competition, review their blog for a chance to win $1000 - That's a prize worth writing about! A blog I'd like to share with my readers ANYWAY with the chance to get some cash for doing so? SURE!
So, for my list of likes about Dukeo:
- Easy to navigate once you get the hang of it.
- Simple content with some real gems about improving your online presence.
- Lists! I loves me a list!! '5 ways to improve....', '8 tips for....', '3 rules for....'
- Heavy on the 'sign up to newsletter' and 'buy this e-book' links - something I understand is a necessary 'evil' when you make your living from online affiliate marketing, but can turn off the first time visitor.
- It took me a little while to get the hang of finding the information I was after (see dot point one for 'likes').